Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome to my gold mining and prospecting blog!

Hello to all my future readers… I am wanting to welcome you to this site. This is my first blog and figured I would give it a try, and I chose a topic that is very important to me. Anyone who has panned for gold understands that prospecting is something you either have a passion for, or will not bother with at all. And I certainly have the passion for it, which we all know otherwise as “the gold fever”.

I want to cover a lot of issues regarding “recreational” prospecting, though I use the term loosely since for all real intents and purposes, all the people out there mining for the fun of it whether it be for garnets on the weekends, or gold on a camping trip, you are all small scale miners, and there is a very good reason for making this distinction as I will write about later on. Essentially, as long as we classify ourselves as "recreational", it makes us sound less important, and less serious. To be honest, I take my rights to be out in the mountains and ENJOY what I do very seriously. It is the one thing that makes me feel alive inside, and to take that away, as the liberals have tried to do for so many years, would kill me.

In our day and age, everyone has forgotten the importance of minerals and mining. Mining is what built our great nation. San Francisco, Seattle, Helena, Butte, Boise, Anchorage, Fairbanks, Denver, just to name a few would not be the same cities today if it were not for the rich mining in their past. Mining is an important part of our heritage, so I aim to keep as much of it alive as I can in this blog, and from time to time will cover historical aspects of mining. It's not just cities in the West either. In the East, many cities were built by gold mining... A prime example would be Dahlonega Georgia.

Then, there will be the guides, the how to’s, everything I can possible share with you to get you started on the right track and share with you the blessing that looking for gold has given me. Not only in the wonderful time spent outside in the fresh air, but it really is more fun than it is work… And it is a lot of work. Everyone seems to be under the impression there is no more gold left to be found, the old timers got it all. It is simply not true, any one of you can find gold in your state. Every state in the union has Gold that can be panned. It’s just it might not be a large quantity, but it’s there. Some states are pretty lean on gold digging, but others are vastly rich.

I plan to write once or twice a week, and since this is my first blog, its going to take a while to get the site working properly and set up the way I want it. Regular posts should begin in a day or two. Thank you for reading! And stay tuned for some awesome stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment